Merck & Co. Inc., established in 1891, is a global research-driven pharmaceutical company dedicated to putting patients first. The Analytical Sciences group within the Pharmaceutical Sciences department at Merck is looking to identify high potential students in chemistry or related discipliens that will be graduating in the December/January timeframe for possible positions (BS or MS students). The roles will be centered in either Rahway, NJ or West Point, PA Please contact Brian Regler, Ph.D. for more information or to apply. firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us and experience our culture first-hand — one of strong ethics & integrity, diversified experiences, exceptional science and a resounding passion for improving human health. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career. We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Analytical Sciences group located at our West Point PA or Rahway NJ site. In this role, you would be developing and utilizing characterization techniques to support product formulation development for new Merck products. In particular, product support includes:
• Analytical methods development and validation
• Analytical investigations
• Process and product characterization
• Developing novel analytical experiments and techniques to predict drug product performance• Clinical study support
• Completing above tasks in an accurate and timely mannerEffective interaction with other technical, regulatory, research and manufacturing groups is critical. You'll have the opportunity to work with teams comprised of scientists and non-scientists, to effectively coordinate efforts and track the progress for multiple projects, and to provide technical leadership on interdivisional initiatives.
You would also support the implementation of new technology, including developing expertise in specialized equipment or techniques such as HPLC, LC/MS, GC/MS, Spectroscopy, and Dissolution. You would also keep abreast of innovative and novel scientific developments in the pharmaceutical industry by presenting papers at meetings, attending seminars, and reading relevant literature